We are open to:
- Current and former sex workers of all genders, from all sectors
- Supporters of sex workers who share SWAG Kingston’s values and beliefs
Our goals are to:
- Provide practical, emotional, community, and legal support to sex workers
- Sensitize and educate the public and local service agencies about sex work
- Fight discrimination and stigma associated with sex work
- Promote the decriminalization of sex work
Programs & Services
Frontline services will be the primary responsibility of the Women’s Community Development Coordinator at HIV/AIDS Regional Services. Other agency members may take part in program and service delivery, but it is not a requirement of SWAG Kingston membership.
- Provide health information and services such as STI testing, doctor referrals, complimentary health therapies (e.g. acupuncture, massage, etc.)
- Publish and maintain a Bad Date Book
- Distribute harm reduction materials including safer sex and drug use supplies
- Offer informal counselling and support and provide formal referrals to professional counsellors
- Provide access to legal information and participate in advocacy to promote sex work as valuable and real work
Currently, we provide Thursday afternoon drop-ins at 99 York Street. If you need support at any other time, please visit HIV/AIDS Regional Services at 844a Princess Street. For updates on our drop-ins, please join our Facebook Group or follow us on Twitter.